Monday 21 March 2011

Suede Press Conference part 02

Friday, March 18, 2011

It was a hot and sunny day in Jakarta just like any other day here, but there was something special happening today. Suede—my favorite band ever since 14 years ago—will have their press conference regarding their upcoming gig on the next day. The press conference itself will be held in Ritz Carlton, Jakarta at 3pm, according to the invitation. I came to the hotel with my sister, Fanny and we met my friend, Tyas there. We arrived there, did the registration and waited…

The conference finally started at 5pm. Mat, Simon, Richard, Neil and Brett came into the conference room, bombarded by camera blitz from the audiences. After they sat on the front chairs, the host invited us to ask questions for Suede (and Shontelle who also has a press conference and will share stage with Suede).


Some reporters asked questions fro Suede. I tried to write them down and share them here.

Question (Q): The reason why Suede chose Indonesia on this tour.

Mat: I think the reason we chose it because the last show we did. We played here in 2003. I think we were the first band to play here after the Bali bomb. We got an amazing reaction from people here. You know, it was a great gig.

It's somewhere we'd like to play again and then we got an unfortunately split up so we couldn't. So when we come back, definitely the place we're interested in.

I can tell that Jakarta isn't anything like where we come from, thank God. It's warm and we don't have a lot of mangos and guavas in West London.


Q: do you have any plan to release new album with new songs?

Simon:We don’t know yet. It has to be very special. We have to believe in songs. We have to be great to do that.


Q: What are you going to perform tomorrow and what's the difference with your previous concert in 2003?

Mat: I think we’re much much older now…

Simon: in a good way.

Mat: We have to stop ten minutes for a break to have a drink. It’s probably kinda more a look back to our whole career.

*audiences were laughing*

Q: What songs will you perform tomorrow?

Brett: You’ll have to find out.


Mat and Simon answered most of the questions in this less-than-20-minutes press conference.


PS: I'm not a reporter, but I'm lucky enough to be able to see Suede's press conference. I didn't ask any questions to them simply because I couldn't. But, I did hope that the journalists who came there would ask a lot of qualified questions. I think the media in that press conference didn't show their enthusiasms.

(TFC)

No comments:

Post a Comment