Wednesday 16 March 2011

Brett Anderson


YAY! It's Brett Anderson from Suede!
I made this portrait painting to express the euphoria of Suede's upcoming gig in Jakarta. Yes, I'm gonna see Suede live this Saturday (March 19th). I couldn't tell you how happy I am. I've been a fan of the band since 14 years ago and I missed their concert on 2003.

Well, things happened when the promoter announced the ticketing system. We have to trade-in the oh-so-famous-smartphone Blackberry which costs at least 300 USD in order to get the ticket. But Suede fans didn't give up. Some of us spoke our mind on the band forum. Luckily, the band management showed up and told us that they will try their best to find a solution. And yes, they did have solution for us. The management decided to giveaway 500 tickets to Suede fans by answering a series of Suede related question. On March 10, they give us a link to win those tickets and I think it's more than just 500 tickets. That was fantastic! Social forum has beaten the capitalist and their stupid marketing :D

We have faith in Suede. We know that Suede will never let us down. And Suede proved it. I'm so grateful for being a fan of this amazing band. I bless the day I fell in love with them. Not only I adore their music, I also love their attitude toward their fans. They care about us!

Back to the painting, I made it with watercolor and white gouache on A4 paper. I made it faster than my usual speed.

Here's the process:


Hope you like it!

Tessa F. Chen

PS: Brett Anderson is one of my inspirations. My first portrait drawing is him! I drew it when I was still in high school. And that made me love doing portrait drawing/painting until now.
Unfortunately, I couldn't find where my first-portrait-drawing is.

No comments:

Post a Comment